Monday 23 November 2009

Going Back...

To be honest I have had sooooooo many ideas about what to write in the blog this week(thank you Lord) but yeah its going be a brief one again...Just to ask the question-do you ever feel like you're going back in time?or to put it another way, do you ever feel like you seem to be dealing with something-an issue-or something that you already have seem to dealt with?
Recently I have found myself working at the Cornish bakery again...this is the same place I worked at-that God provided for me to work at when I first graduated 3 years ago. I have to be honest a little thing in the back of my mind said, 'have we not moved on from here?' But I remembered a sermon from a podcast-Stuart Bell spoken on 'When God takes you back' and listening to it again I realised-and thinking about my own experience there are points in our lives when God takes us back-either to triumphal moments to remember His goodness, His mercy, His grace.
But there are also times when God takes us back, I believe, to teach us again. When I first worked at the bakery 3 years ago-I will be honest there was a lot of things I had to deal with, pride, a superiority complex etc and praise God in those 6 months he taught me so much...and now I'm back there again-is it maybe that I need to relearn some lessons from the first time that I have forgotten or maybe to teach me knew things I don't know but I know that its not a bad thing...at all. As Christians (and this again something I've had to learn) as we grow in our faith, as we learn more it is easy for us to forget the old lessons, the foundations that we learnt but a number times in the Word-particularly tells the early church 'Do not move again from it'. One major quote on this is Paul in the first letter to the corthians says:
1Now, brothers, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand. 2By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain. 3For what I received I passed on to you as of first importancea]">[a]: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures," 1 Cor 15:1-4


That's quite clear really isn't it...and its important to think that if a building has foundations that move then it will collapses and its the same for our Christian lives. However-we need to remain teachable and where have got things wrong, to change...that's why we need to keep going back. To keep the foundations strong and secure and sometimes to change things that need to be...

No comments: