Saturday 16 April 2011

The danger of writing a blog...

I've realised this week something quite profound...writing a blog like this is a very dangerous thing. What do I mean by that? Well, when I share on my blog about things that God has been teaching me, the enemy also reads it and its like he goes, 'you've think you've arrived in this area-let's test that shall we??'
Since writing about our freedom from sin, this week I have allowed-well have bond myself up more than I have for along long time. Allowing the shackles to snap shut, thinking it was fine. It's not. I have been brought with a price and I realised that is why the WHOLE verse is important.I shared Gal 5:1,
'It is for freedom for Christ has set us free....'
but the 2nd half is crucial...
'...Stand firm, therefore, and do not let yourselves be yoked again with the burden of slavery.'

We are free...we ARE free but God knows and He knew that we would be tempted to be burdened again that is why the 2nd half was written...don't let it happen!!
The Bible says that the enemy is prowling around like a lion ready to devour...but actually do you see the verse-it is not say the enemy will come and attack (but he will) but it says Stand firm...its a comment for the reading. We may not be able to stop the enemy attaching but we can stand against him. But praise God we have the Holy Spirit to give us the strength to stand.

So be aware that sometimes...writing can be a dangerous thing, speaking can be a dangerous thing, sharing can be a dangerous thing...

Stand firm...

1 comment:

Anna Marie said...

I've been reading Galatians this week and also am being stirred to speak of the previous captivity, the previous prisons from which I have been brought out and made to stand on a Solid Rock. Your posts are always timely and I really do thank God for them Hannah. Bless you and your insight and the way He enables you to write for Him and His Body. x x x